This is the first sweet recipe here, in honor of the new year. Sweet, nutritious and a serious booster when you're low on sugars. It's sooo rich that you won't want more than one a day.
Remember that dates are healthy but 1date = 2 teaspoons of sugar, so consume in moderation.
Another great recipe by my friend Irit Aish, Ayurvedic Medicine Consultant
What's in it?
Any nuts you like: Pecan, Almond, Pistachio, Cashew
Optional: Coconut flakes
1. Roast pecans, pistachios, almonds and cashews in the oven at 160 for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
2. Unseed the dates and mash them
3. Wrap the dates in lots of nuts and make a "sausage"
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
5. Slice into slices and keep in a snack box
Possible: roll in coconut before wrapping
For a full nutritional treatment face to face or via Zoom, please contact me here